1. She constantly talks about another man
There can be two reasons for this.
One possible reason is that she is actually into you, and she wants to make you jealous.
Girls like to get a reaction out of a man they like.
If she is into you, there is a chance she wants to see how you respond when she brings up another man in a conversation.
She may be hoping you would react to her by getting jealous.
But, another possibility is that she just doesn’t see you as nothing more than a friend.
As much as some girls love to play games by talking about another man, most girls do not want you to think they are into another man if they like you.
So, a lot of women will avoid mentioning another man in front of you.
If a girl has no shame comfortably talking about another man she’s hooked up with, you are probably friend-zoned.
If a girl really likes you, she is going to worry about you judging her.
No girl wants a man (that she likes) to think she is easy and sleeps around.
2. She frequently talks about how you are an awesome friend
If a girl continues to remind you of what a great friend you are, then she is likely not into you.
There is no reason for her to constantly emphasize what a great friend you are if she likes you as a man.
The only logical explanation is that she does not want you to get the wrong idea.
In such a case, you should actually be grateful she is willing to let her intention known clearly.
Instead of giving you false hopes, she is expressing her intent clearly by setting boundaries with her words.
Be thankful she did not waste your time and move on from her.
3. She expects you to do things for her without doing anything for you in return
This is probably one of the worst forms of ‘friendship’ between men and women.
If a woman constantly uses you for free food and a ride, you have successfully become her doormat.
Many men put themselves in such a situation when they really like a girl, and they somehow believe the girl will like him if he does her enough favors.
But, this is completely false.
Most girls will not feel a stronger attraction to you as a result of you doing favors.
Funnily enough, the best way to get a girl to feel a stronger attachment (and attraction) to you is to get them to do favors for you.
When a girl does something for you, her brain goes into a backward rationalization mode, and it starts to wonder why she went out of her way to do something for you.
And she will usually subconsciously conclude that she must at least somewhat like you.
So, do not be afraid to ask her to do you a favor.
Unless the girl is a gold digger, she is going to feel way too overwhelmed by everything you do for her (especially if you’ve only known her for a short while).
By asking her to do something for you, you are giving her a chance to invest back into you.
I want you to realize that a truly ‘nice guy’ knows how to receive as much as he knows how to give.
You can start out by asking for a small favor, such as asking her to meet at your favorite bar or asking her to bring a bottle of wine on a night you cook for her.
When you progress to the stage where she feels like she’s done something for you that she’s never done for any other man, her brain is going to start to believe she must ‘really’ like you.
4. She is too comfortable around you
If she treats you like one of her bros, and she seems at complete ease when she’s around you, that is a good sign she does not see you as her potential mate.
It is true that a girl needs to feel safe and comfortable around you to want to spend time with you.
But, as with anything else in life, there needs to be balance.
If she feels too comfortable around you, that is going to break all of the tension.
And a little bit of tension is important when it comes to the initial stage of the attraction.
These are some things you can do to make a girl feel too comfortable with you (this means you want to avoid doing these if you want her to feel attracted to you romantically).
- You spend way too much time with her. The more time she spends with you while you don’t make moves, the more likely you are to get friend-zoned. You need to stop being so available for her if you don’t want to lose value in her eyes.
- You pay for her stuff. You are setting the wrong expectation if you start out your interaction by paying for her. She is going to see you as someone who provides for her instead of seeing you as a man she wants to be with (unless she only wants to see you for your money). A lot of women are secretly disgusted by men who compensate by paying for their food or buying them expensive gifts. Most girls understand men do this as a way to compensate for their insecurity.
- You are too reactive to her. You unnecessarily laugh a little too much at her jokes. You turn your head toward her a little too fast when she calls your name. You over-react when she teases you. These are all great ways to diminish your value as a man. You are also demonstrating your desire to seek her approval which is not an attractive trait in men.
5. She is not responsive to your text messages
If a girl doesn’t reply back promptly, it is a sign you don’t take up a lot of space in her mind.
You simply are not her priority.
She may text you every now and then when she is bored, but she will happily ignore you if she has other things going on in her life.
But, there is an exception to this rule.
It can certainly be a different story if you become really good friends with a girl.
If she sees you as one of her best friends, she may very well text you all of the time without being attracted to you all that much.
Under such a circumstance, it would actually be a good idea to reduce the amount of time you contact her.
When a girl is so used to talking to you, it is not a bad idea to cut off contact with her for a short duration (a couple of days).
It will make her realize how much she enjoys talking to you, and she will value you more as a result.
Most people are motivated to not lose something that they already have.
When she feels she is about to lose you, there is a chance she is going to feel a strong desire for you.
6. She always wants to hang out with a group of people
If a girl is reluctant to hang out with you alone, that is a sign she does not want to get involved with you in a romantic way.
Needless to say, a girl will happily spend time with you alone if she likes you as a man.
If her investment does not match yours in terms of time and money, it is a sign she does not value you (as a friend or a partner).
In such a case, it would be in your best interest to cut off your friendship with her.
You should not keep people in your life who do not value you as much as you value them.
Anyway, I hope this article gave you a better idea of how to know if a girl just wants to be friends!